This module enables participants to deliver their own in-house training, perhaps to roll-out a company initiative to local employees, or to train colleagues on a new system or process. ‘Train the Trainer’ concentrates on building effective training programmes and delivering training, rather than designing training material from scratch. The day will introduce the core principles of training and provide participants with lots of opportunity to practice and hone their skills in a supportive environment.
The first part of the ‘Train the Trainer’ programme is the 1 day ‘Presenting with Impact’ course.
2 days (Day 1 = Presenting with Impact)
By the end of the programme delegates will
- understand the training cycle, from identifying and analysing training needs to review and evaluation
- be able to create effective training objectives for their sessions
- understand the critical difference between training and facilitation and presenting
- be able to deliver training that appeals to the principal learning styles
- know how to deliver training with great range and balance
- have practiced delivering training and received feedback
- have started to create their own training toolkit e.g. Energisers
- be skilled at using training materials and props effectively
- be invited to a mentoring follow-up with the trainer