“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim to high and falling, but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark” Michelangelo, sculptor, painter and architect
This programme builds on the behaviours of being assertive, and having influence and persuasion, to understand and practice the art of negotiating with ambition. The course includes a rigorous approach to planning a negotiation – correctly identifying, valuing and using the bargaining collateral.
The course also helps participants understand what stance or approach to adopt in different negotiating scenarios, and lifts the lid on bargaining behaviours, be they mischievous or measured.
‘Negotiating with Ambition’ is a highly-participatory course that uses bespoke test drives that have been written for your organisation. This enables participants to test out techniques, hone their skills, and bring ambition to realistic workplace scenarios.
‘Negotiating with Ambition’ is designed to follow ‘Selling with Pride’
By the end of the programme delegates will have
- understood their own approach to conflict, using the Thomas-Kilmann Instrument (TKI)
- discovered which strategic approach to use in negotiations
- investigated the true balance of power in their negotiations
- understood which behaviours and tactics to apply, when, and how
- planned negotiations with ambition; scoping the bargaining collateral , planning moves
- delivered negotiations with ambition and received feedback; applying sound behaviours to land the plan
- learned how to handle objections, manipulation and to overcome stalemate
- received feedback on what to work on to negotiate still more effectively
- practiced distinguishing the bluff from the fact in what others say
- received an invitation to follow-up executive coaching